Job Opportunity: Investment Officer, Deetken Impact
Employer: Deetken Impact, Adobe Capital division
Location: Preferably Colombia, Chile or Argentina (open to other locations within Latin America)
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Through the use of tailored-financing instruments (primarily revenue-based financing structures), Adobe Capital invests in impact-driven companies that have created innovative, profitable, and scalable business models that help address social and environmental challenges throughout Latin America. Adobe Capital is a pioneer in the use of self-liquidating, quasi-equity investment structures that provide social
and environmental benefits, in addition to market-rate financial returns.
Adobe Capital is part of the Deetken Impact group. Together with its joint venture partners, Deetken Impact currently manages US$150 million of assets across more than 40 investments in 14 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. The business is growing rapidly with offices in Vancouver, San Jose (Costa Rica) and Mexico City and staff presence in Guatemala, Honduras and Peru. Deetken Impact is seeking to add an experienced professional to the Adobe Capital investment management team.
Adobe Capital was recently recognized as a 2021 ImpactAssets 50 manager, an international ranking of the most experienced impact investment fund managers.
We are looking for:
An experienced Investment Officer who will lead the identification, analysis, negotiation, structuring, and due diligence of investment opportunities in Latin America. The Investment Officer will also represent Deetken Impact externally with portfolio companies, partners, and other stakeholders. The position will report to an Adobe Capital Partner and will be based preferably in Colombia, Chile or Argentina.
- Participate in Adobe Capital’s pipeline development and capital deployment activities, including prospecting, negotiating and closing direct investments
- Lead the analysis of investment opportunities, including the development of comprehensive financial models, market assessments, and investment memos (encompassing detailed evaluations of business models, financial returns, governance structures, impact metrics and investment risks)
- Lead external due diligence teams adhering to short closing timeframes
- Participate in Investment Committee meetings to present new investment opportunities and potential follow-on transactions
- Participate in the governance of portfolio companies, including board meetings, compliance matters, and legal representation
- Represent/network on behalf of Deetken Impact to establish long-term and strategic co-investment relationships with key players in the region
- Competitive salary package and performance bonus offered depending on experience
- 3 to 5 years of professional working experience, preferably in the financial sector
- Ideally at least 2 years of direct investment experience (i.e., structuring and closing direct investments in Latin America)
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration or International Affairs
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience working in private equity or venture capital funds
- Knowledge of relevant impact investment sector trends a must
- Excellent quantitative skills, including experience and advanced competency in financial modeling in Microsoft Excel and other similar software
- Strong presentation and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Both written and spoken Spanish and English proficiency required
- Prior business development and client relationship experience a plus
- Willingness and readiness to occasionally travel within South, Central and North America