Job Opportunity: Senior Portfolio Officer
impact business is growing with offices in Vancouver, Canada, San Jose, Costa Rica and Mexico City, Mexico, and staff presence in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Kingston, Jamaica and Lima, Peru.
Deetken Impact is committed to advancing sustainable energy as well as women’s economic empowerment and entrepreneurship through various funds. The Ilu Women’s Empowerment Fund was launched as a joint venture with leading Latin American women’s organization Pro Mujer. The fund invests in a diversified portfolio of high impact businesses that promote women in leadership and governance, products and services that meet the needs of women and girls, gender-sensitive value
chains and workplace equity.
The Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy funds manage investment portfolios in renewable energy and energy efficiency in Latin America and the Caribbean, working to help accelerate the transition to a green and sustainable energy future.
Deetken Impact Alternative Finance (DIAF) is a joint venture between Deetken Impact and Adobe Capital. It provides tailored financing for impact-focused businesses in Latin America, offering a flexible alternative to traditional equity or debt instruments by designing financing solutions that are founder-friendly and aim to support long-term, sustainable growth. It focuses on profitable growth-stage enterprises with proven creative business models designed to address the most pressing social and environmental priorities of the region.
With these funds we are making an impact in the communities where we work and helping advance the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
We are currently hiring a full-time, permanent Senior Portfolio Officer.
– Lead portfolio management function across multiple funds to provide a comprehensive understanding of portfolio risks, report financial and impact performance consistently and accurately, and maintain strong relationships with Latin American portfolio companies’ leadership.
– Lead investor reporting function to deliver high quality quarterly reporting to investors (via meetings and written reports), as well as timely responses to ad hoc investor requests.
– Define overall fund valuation policies and supervise the quarterly valuation of assets, including validation with external auditors.
– Lead impact measurement and reporting function at each fund level.
– Supervise and mentor portfolio officers.
– Lead treasury function across multiple funds, including management of drawdowns and disbursements, tracking and reconciling payments from portfolio companies and to investors, and management of foreign exchange / derivative exposures when applicable.
– Drive continuous improvement in portfolio management, investor reporting and treasury management across the organization.
– Manage fund valuation, fund administration and fund audits across multiple funds.
– Maintain up to date legal and tax related information for each fund, including individual investor withholding calculations and domicile confirmations.
– Support CIOs in escalated portfolio situations (problem assets).
– Represent funds on portfolio company boards of directors.
– Experience – 5 years of experience in private equity, finance, impact investment sector or strategy positions for start-ups for 3 to 5 years.
– Education – Post graduate degree in Social Entrepreneurship or Business
– Technical skills – Advanced Excel, project management, financial analysis, impact measurement/analysis
Wage: CAD $8,761.09/month + discretionary bonuses
Compensation is reviewed annually and may receive salary increases or bonuses (0-15%) based on performance.
Terms of employment: permanent
Hours of work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: In accordance with BC Employment Standards
Vacation: 15 paid vacation days
Business address and location of employment: Suite 500 – 210 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Y 3W2, Canada
Language of work: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and CV by email to le*********@de*****.com or by mail to Suite 500 – 210 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V5Y 3W2, Canada.