Job Opportunity: Investment Officer, Sustainable Energy
Employer: Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy
Location: San Jose, Costa Rica (other locations in Central America / Caribbean are possible)
Hours: Full Time
Start date: Immediate
Application Deadline: September 4, 2020
Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy (DISE) is an investment management firm specializing in investments which provide social and environmental benefits in addition to financial returns. Sectors of focus include clean energy (wind, solar, hydro, biomass), energy efficiency and energy storage. DISE and its Canadian affiliate, Deetken Impact, together manage close to USD 100 million of assets across more than 25 projects and companies in Latin America and the Caribbean. The business is growing rapidly, and we are now seeking to add an experienced professional to our investment management team.
Deetken Impact Sustainable Energy was recently recognized as an ImpactAssets 50 2020 manager, a showcase of experienced impact investment fund managers.
We are looking for:
An Investment Officer who will lead, under the supervision of the Chief Investment Officer, the assessment of investment opportunities in Central America and the Caribbean, and represent the company externally with portfolio companies, partners and other stakeholders. The position will report to the Chief Investment Officer of the company. The role will be based in Costa Rica, or another location in Central America or the Caribbean as mutually agreed.
- Participate in the company’s pipeline development and capital deployment activities, including prospecting
- Lead due diligence (under the supervision of the Chief Investment Officer), financial modelling and investment assessment, and preparation of investment memos including evaluation of business models, financial returns, markets, governance, social and environmental issues, legal and regulatory environments, and technical risks aspects of sustainable energy projects
- Liaison with project sponsors and management to support regular monitoring and reporting, including site visits and preparation of monitoring reports
- Participation in investment committees regarding prospective and existing portfolio companies
- Participating in the governance of investees in the region (board meetings, compliance, legal representation)
- Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer of the company for the region on key dimensions (markets, clients, people, financials, risk and impact)
- Representation/networking on behalf of the company
- Competitive salary package and performance bonus, depending on experience
- 2 to 5 years of professional working experience, preferably in the financial sector
- Ideally at least 2 years of direct investment or credit experience, preferably with meaningful experience assessing clean energy projects and transactions
- MBA or Masters Degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or Finance
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with Private Equity or Venture Capital investment funds and track record structuring and assessing project finance transactions.
- Experience in social and environmental risk management and knowledge of IFC Performance Standards is desired
- Excellent quantitative skills, including experience and advanced competency in financial modeling in Microsoft excel and other similar software
- Proficient written and spoken Spanish and English
- Willingness and readiness to occasionally travel to local markets and North America
Please send us your resume and cover letter: email@example.com